请选择 进入手机版 | 继续访问电脑版

法拉城-陈法拉网站

找回密码
 注册
法拉城
搜索
图片视频链接失效报告专帖如非特殊注明,本站内容欢迎转载,但任何公开形式转载都请注明出处。请勿无视,详情点击。法拉城Logo下载(自拍、自录视频建议打上logo)
查看: 292|回复: 4

Fala Chen, Bernice Liu didn't get jobs stolen by models [复制链接]

威望
法币
最后登录
2014-5-2
注册时间
2008-10-15
帖子
积分
UID

灌水天才勋章 回贴大使

发表于 2009-10-1 08:41:20 |显示全部楼层
法拉微博

Fala Chen and Bernice Liu were guests at the store opening ceremony for the make-up brand MAC. Yesterday Fala and Bernice were dressed in a spagetti strapped dress and a tube-top dress respectively were equally shining. Fala said: "I didn't know Bernice could be so sexy, maybe if we take everything off then we'll be the sexiest, but I believe she won't do that." As to the recent models going down the sexy route, are they stealing her jobs? Fala said that her nature of work is different from the models, she focuses on television, therefore she believes that those models will not steal her jobs. Mid-Autumn Festival is approaching, will she celebrate with her boyfriend? She smiled sweetly: "Maybe we'll go out and have dinner."

Bernice said that she just finished filming for new series "Shall We State the Case", she clarifies that its not because she's ending her contract with TVB that they cut her screen time. It is actually because she has work on hand in Mainland, so she was only able to make a guest appearance. She said that lately its not because of the contract problems that she reduced her modeling jobs, she said: "I have not seen anyone of those models before, so I'm not sure what their names are." Bernice also said that she's often in foreign countries and her work load did not decrease, currently she is learning Mandarin.

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ AEU
[fly]I'll always support Fala Chen[/fly]

威望
法币
最后登录
2014-5-2
注册时间
2008-10-15
帖子
积分
UID

灌水天才勋章 回贴大使

发表于 2009-10-1 08:41:42 |显示全部楼层
法拉微博
本帖最后由 changbo 于 2009-10-1 08:51 编辑

TVB Fadans: the '70s trying to maintain status, the '80s rising up

With the opportunities of participating in Miss Hong Kong and the acting class, Hong Kong's TVB has never lacked artistes. It's just that newcomers trying to get up top is not that easy, the FaDan battles have always been a hot topic. Besides the older FaDans Gigi Lai who married the wealthy and retired from the industry, Ada Choi focusing her jobs in Mainland, Flora Chan already has a son and Kenix Kwok recently recovered from marriage troubles, TVB's FaDan's have already moved onto another group. Looks like the '80s newcomers are taking over the '70s seniors.

Depending on the series "War of Beauty", which gave both Charmaine Sheh and Gigi Lai an opportunity to become the "No.1 Sister", it was a heated battle between the two actresses. Soon, Gigi Lai was given a chance to participate in TVB's grand production "The Gem of Life", making way for her to get up top. However, life unexpected events lead to Gigi's retirement when her brother got into a serious car accident during the filming period. Naturally this gave Charmaine Sheh the chance to become the new Big Sister.

FaDan advantage: Charmaine Sheh participated in Miss Hong Kong, then entered the industry. Her appearance at the time looked "traditional", although she only came in third, but she got strong support. Charmaine's acting path went from a cute girl to competent policewoman and finally to a smart concubine to get her current status. She belongs to both ability and appearance-based group of artistes.
Current Work: September 21, Charmaine Sheh appears at the "Heaven and Earth" costume fitting with a new refreshing short haircut. She expressed that last time when she had a haircut for a series was 5 years ago.

While Charmaine and Gigi were the leading actresses in almost all of their series, Myolie Wu at the time only played small roles. She also did not have the determination to compete with the current FaDans. Although Myolie's looks isn't the dominant part of her, but she is innocent, well-behaved, pleasant and works very hard. To accommodate her role in "To Grow With Love", she deliberately gained 36 pounds, sacrificing a whole lot. Among the TVB FaDans, she is the first to make such sacrifice, finally depending on this series, she won "Most Improved Artist Award".

FaDan Advantages: Among the many TVB actresses, not many are as well spirited as Myolie Wu. She depends on her ability "card" to make a breakthrough and TVB is strongly supporting her.
Current Work: In 2009, Myolie's series are abundant. Early 2009, she completed a new series "His True Father", where she challenges her acting skills playing Ron Ng's mother. Recently she just completed a Mainland drama (Beauty Scheme), Myolie expressed that she is very happy to be able to film in Mainland. She doesn't mind to do more Mainland series.

The new '80s newcomers are starting to make their way up. The newcomer who is the most prosperous is Linda Chung. She is currently getting heavily promoted, although she's not the first line actress in her series, but every one series that she participated in she was one of the leads. In the grand production "The Gem of Life", she acted in a role that was total opposite of her true self, even competing with her seniors Maggie Siu, Ada Choi and Gigi Lai. She becomes the most dazzling '80s FaDan. The other day when Maggie Siu was promoting for "The Gem of Life", she praised Linda: "I feel that she has potential, she also portrayed her role very carefully."

FaDan advantage: Linda Chung has two factors that makes her successful. First, her debut was strong, slowly getting popular and reaching the top. From "Heart of Greed" to "Moonlight Resonances" to "The Gem of Life", TVB has been strongly focused on her in the last two years. Sitting stabledly on her FaDan status, Linda is still only missing her own personal representative work.
Current Work: Linda and Wong He are currently working on a new series "Cross Boundary Explorations".

TVB exposes newcomers to the public every year. Although there are many self-produced series, but nowadays there are more and more "Supporting Role Queens". Fala Chen is fortunate to participate in "Moonlight Resonance" as a supporting role, and then a second line role was given to her soon in "Catch Me Now".

FaDan advantage: In "Moonlight Resonances", her mother in the series Louise Lee praised her: "Fala Chen's acting is very mature, she's starting to move away from the newcomer image. She has potential." Fala although still need to prove herself, but not to worry because the '80s generation her still have time.
Current work: Hong Kong Netizens are getting heated up discussing Fala Chen in the current series that she stars in "The Stew of Life". The Fala today is now starting to take on female lead roles.

Source: Ent.Tom.com
Translated by: aZnangel @ AEU
[fly]I'll always support Fala Chen[/fly]

使用道具 举报

威望
法币
最后登录
2013-2-18
注册时间
2008-2-12
帖子
积分
UID

法官 灌水天才勋章 特殊贡献勛章 终身成就奖

发表于 2009-10-1 11:00:01 |显示全部楼层
法拉微博
i hate this kind of misleading headings. they make it sound like the actresses were either "fighting" who's the sexier or prettier one, if not making it sound like they're "fighting" w the models for job.
sigh, i guess that the hk paparazzi for me

使用道具 举报

威望
法币
最后登录
2010-3-13
注册时间
2009-10-10
帖子
积分
UID
发表于 2009-11-22 15:55:40 |显示全部楼层
法拉微博
fala chen has potential to become Fadan.
She is a good peformer specially dancing.

使用道具 举报

威望
法币
最后登录
2011-3-7
注册时间
2010-3-16
帖子
积分
UID
发表于 2010-3-21 07:06:37 |显示全部楼层
法拉微博
^Agreed. I say she was off to a slow start merely because she was typecasted into unlikable roles. I don't mean to compare but Linda was given likable roles and many oppurtunities and she still hasn't won me over, whereas Fala has even though she's only gotten supporting characters most of the time.

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

手机版|Archiver|FCFC

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 15:40 , Processed in 0.083545 second(s), 13 queries .